Here are some important upcoming events for the SHHS Band:
Wind and percussion players will need to bring their uniforms to school this Tuesday so we can practice with the jackets and colored baldrics (the sash across the chest). We are using different colored baldrics for each movement and need to coordinate the change so we look good doing so. They will remain here through the game Friday night.
This is the last week of the grading period and many students still have music that they need to pass-off. They will pass off in class on MWF or they can use flex time to do so. Practicing is encouraged this week if they still owe us something.
Our October Band Booster meeting will be this Thursday in the new Cafeteria. We will be kicking-off the Fall Fruit/Cheese Fundraiser and discussing how the sale will work this year (changed from years past)
Football at home this Friday. We will rehearse after school with dinner at 5:15. The band Alumni Night will be Friday as well. More information can be found on the band alumni facebook page.
Our first contest will be at Tenn High on October 4. Our performance time has been set at 7:00 pm with the awards beginning at 8:10. Below is the itinerary:
11:45 AM – arrive at SHHS, have eaten lunch; dressed in band pants, t-shirt, and shoes; guard – TBA
12:00 – 1:45 – rehearsal
2:00 PM – load truck
3:00 PM – load buses
3:15 PM – depart for Tenn High
4:00 PM – arrive, bathroom break
4:30 PM – dinner (provided by Boosters)
5:15 PM – suit-up
5:45 PM – leave for warm-up area
6:05 PM – warm-up
7:00 PM – performance
8:10 PM – awards ceremony
9:30 PM – depart for JC
10:15 PM – arrive at SHHS, unload
Our performance time for our October 18th contest at WCU is 1:15 pm. We will leave at 7 am and be back sometime after midnight if we make finals. There is a $10 entry fee for the prelims and then the stadium will be cleared for finals with an additional entry fee required (more info to come). The top 10 bands make finals that will begin at 7 pm.
The Hilltopper Invitational will be on October 25th and we will have around 20 band competing. The competition will begin around 1 pm and conclude with the awards around 9 pm. More info to come as we get closer to the date and we finalize the bands.
Senior night will be October 31st against DB. Seniors will be recognized at halftime after the show performance. Parents will be recognized with their senior band member at this time. More info will come as the date gets closer.
Other important dates:
- October 2 – Booster Meeting – Fruit/Cheese fundraiser kick-off
- October 3 – Football at home vs Tenn High (Band Alumni Night)
- October 4 – First competition, Tenn High School (Bristol, TN), 7 pm performance
- October 6-10 – Fall Break
- October 10 – Football at Sullivan Central – 2 Bus Pep Band (sign-ups this week)
- October 17 – Football at home vs Volunteer
- October 18 – Competition at Western Carolina (7 am departure, 1:15 performance, finals performance (we hope) returning very late)
- October 24 – Football at Daniel Boone
- October 25 – SHHS Hilltopper Invitational (Can take ACT that day)
- October 31 – Football at home, Senior Night
- November 1 – Contest at UT Chattanooga (will leave very early and be back very late)