Here are some important upcoming events for the SHHS Band:
Pancake Breakfast donations are due this Wednesday. Make sure when you turn in your money to include the ticket tally sheet so we can know how many pancakes to make that morning (can be found on top of gray deposit box beside band office).
Pancake Breakfast is this Saturday from 8-10 am at the Applebee’s on Roan St. Student workers need to arrive at 7:30 to be trained for the event. Be sure to wear your band t-shirt.
We are still in need of student volunteers to help serve. Student can sign up in the band room – they will receive community service hours for their efforts.
Our first contest will be at Tenn High on October 4. Our performance time has been set at 7:00 pm with the awards beginning at 8:10. An itinerary will be released next week.
Other important dates:
- October 2 – Booster Meeting – Fruit/Cheese fundraiser kick-off
- October 3 – Football at home vs Tenn High (Band Alumni Night)
- October 4 – First competition, Tenn High School (Bristol, TN)
- October 6-10 – Fall Break
- October 10 – Football at Sullivan Central – 2 Bus Pep Band (sign-ups next week)
- October 18 – Competition at Western Carolina (we will leave very early and be back very late)
- October 24 – Football at Daniel Boone
- October 25 – SHHS Hilltopper Invitational (Can take ACT that day)
- October 31 – Football at home, Senior Night
- November 1 – Contest at UT Chattanooga (will leave very early and be back very late)