Here are some important upcoming events for the SHHS Band:
Football this Friday at Daniel Boone. Call time will be at 5:30, load at 5:45 with a 6:00 departure. Students should arrive with band pants and band t-shirts (guard warm-ups). Please have eaten dinner.
All students are expected to volunteer for a job during our contest on the 25th. Students have signed up for their job and will be expected to be on time to their shift. Band call time for our performance will be at 8 pm in the bandroom. Dinner will be provided for those students working during the dinner hour (TBA) in the cafeteria. Students need to wear their band t-shirts and jeans with a light jacket for the evening.
For a full schedule of the show, select the Hilltopper Invitational tab at the top of the page.
Senior night will be October 31st against DB. Seniors will be recognized at halftime after the show performance. Parents will be recognized with their senior band member at this time. More info will come as the date gets closer.
Our performance time for the Nov. 1st UTC contest has been set at 5:20 pm. This is not a prelims/finals show – awards will be at 8:15. We are competing in the largest class against nine other bands and 37 bands total. Tickets for the event are $16 at the gate but we have 50 tickets that we can sell for $13. If you want a ticket in advance, see Dr. V in the bandroom or send in $13 with your child (exact change or checks made out to SHHS Band Boosters please). An itinerary will be posted next week – we look to be home around midnight.
Other important dates:
- October 24 – Football at Daniel Boone
- October 25 – SHHS Hilltopper Invitational (Can take ACT that day)
- October 31 – Football at home, Senior Night
- November 1 – Contest at UT Chattanooga (all day), 5:20 performance – 8:15 awards
- November 6 – Booster meeting – fruit order forms (and $) are due
- November 7 – Playoff game – TBA
- November 13 – Playoff game – TBA
- November 18-23 – Chicago!
- December 6 – Fruit pick-up/JC Christmas parade